Lesson plans are developed by educators to guide students in their curriculum. These important teaching tools focus around academic subjects, including science, mathematics, history, social studies and English. Lesson plans can be incorporated into the daily teachings of students of all ages. Academic lesson plans typically consist of a list of required materials, objectives and an evaluation component to test students for mastery of the materials taught. Use the following well-developed lesson plans to guide classroom instruction.
- Science Lesson Plans: Earth science, life science, physical science and space science lesson plans for K-12 teachers.
- Live from the Stratosphere: Activities based on observations of space created for students in grades 6-12.
- Evolution and the Nature of Science: Biology lessons in the areas of evolution and the nature of science for elementary and middle school.
- Hurricanes Meteorology Guide: Lessons regarding meteorology and phenomena of the atmosphere for elementary and middle school students.
- Exploratorium: Hands-on activities, online exhibits, and more on all aspects of science for elementary-aged children.
- Molecules and Cells: Lessons in biology for elementary school students.
- Yeast Experiments: Introduction to genetics for elementary and high school students.
- WhaleNet Curriculum: Marine education curricula for upper elementary students.
- Smile Program Lessons: Biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics lesson plans for elementary and middle school students.
- Matter: Student lesson plans on the subject of matter for grades 1-5.
- Fun Mathematic Lessons: Mathematic lesson plans including geometry, algebra and fractions for elementary and middle students.
- Middle School Lesson Plans: Activities and lesson plans for 8th grade students.
- Academy Curricular Exchange: Basic mathematics lesson plans for students in grades K-5.
- Numbers: Lesson plans and activities for elementary-aged students focusing on whole numbers, measures, fractions and handling data.
- Mathematic Lesson Plans: Content standards and lesson plans for algebra, measurements, geometry and more for grades K-4.
- Education Place: Math lesson plans and teaching tools for grades K-6.
- United States Mint: Lesson plans for grades K-12 in the subject area of money and counting.
- The United States and the Metric System: Activities and lesson plans concerning metric information and conversions for elementary students.
- Kids Graphing Page: Graphing lessons including bar, line, area, pie and XY-style graphs for elementary school students.
- Smithsonian Education: Lesson plans on history and culture for students in grades K-12.
- Teaching Future Historians: U.S. History lesson plans for elementary and middle students including the Antebellum, Civil War and Gilded Era.
- History Lesson Plans: Elementary school lesson plans on European and American history.
- Teaching American History: Lesson plans and timelines for upper elementary-aged students.
- Holocaust Activities: Elementary lesson plans and activities regarding the Holocaust and World War II for grades K-5.
- African American History: Literature, biographies and lesson plans for elementary and middle school students on African American history.
Teaching with Historic Places: Classroom-ready lesson plans that use historic sites to learn American history.
- The Constitution for Kids: History of the Constitution for students in grades 4-7.
- Teaching National History: National history teaching guides and lesson plans for elementary classrooms.
- Mapstats for Kids: Elementary-aged activities and lessons that teach about maps and statistics.
- The Civil War and Symbolism: Social studies lesson plan for grades 5-8 on interpreting symbolism and the Civil War.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Teaching materials for grades K-12 on census.
- Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government: Curricula on the United States government for grades K-12.
- U.S. Department of State: Lesson plans and resources for elementary and middle school students on United States affairs.
- The Underground Railroad: Activities and lessons for elementary students on the Underground Railroad and slavery.
- Library of Congress: Teacher-created lesson plans on various history topics for elementary school students.
- Humanities on the Web: History and social studies lesson plans for grades K-12.
- Introduction to Maps: Lessons and map packet to learn map reading for elementary and middle school students.
- Sentence Sense: Online textbook on understanding language, common errors and developing writing ideas.
- Lesson Plan Library: Language Arts lesson plans for elementary students on reading, writing and speaking.
- ELL in Elementary Schools: Lesson plan and resources for bilingual education.
- Guide to Grammar and Style: Guide to using correct grammar and style in writing for elementary students.
- Reading and Language Arts: Elementary school lessons on creative writing, detective fiction, folktales, film, mythology and more.
- Teaching Activities: English elementary school lesson plans and activities.
- Warm-Up Ideas: Writing warm-up ideas to encourage participation within a group of elementary students.
- PBS Teachers: Reading and language arts classroom activities for students in grade 3-5.